Sunday, November 7, 2010

Visual Basic 6 Convert DTPicker Time and Date to Double

,
In this topic, you will know how to convert time and date to double using DTPicker in Visual Basic 6. This is very useful if you are making a Visual Basic 6 application that controls time and date. I was able to use this idea before when I created my Reservation System. In Reservation System you will be handling more on time and date like time in, time out, vacant time or date, and etc.


How did I use it?

In my Reservation System, I need to compare time and date using "if" function. What I did was I converted the time and date first in a textbox before I did the condition. In that way, I can easily trace and understand the flow of the program I’ve created. I can also use a ".value" directly to DTPicker EX.:

if DTPickerTime.value = DTPickerDate.value then

But I recommend that you convert it first, it is safer than using the ".value" directly.

Note: Upon reading this topic, I already assume that you already know the fundamentals of Visual Basic.

Download Source Code Here

0 comments to “Visual Basic 6 Convert DTPicker Time and Date to Double”

Post a Comment

 

Topic Central Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger